Love Meatloaf? Well then here is a way to make this classic dish without the fat and calories and still have juicy meatloaf!
|1||pound ground turkey breast|
|1||pound ground extra lean beef|
|1/4||cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1||cup onion, chopped|
|1||cup green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2||cup carrot, chopped|
|1||cup celery, chopped|
|1||cup zucchini, grated|
|4||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/2||cup bread crumbs, dry|
|1/4||cup flaxseed meal|
|1/2||teaspoon thyme, fresh|
|1/2||cup parsley, minced|
|1/4||cup chicken broth|
- put all the vegetables into the well of a food processor and chop fine
- beat the eggs with the chicken broth
- put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix completely
- place in a large oiled or sprayed loaf pan, patting firmly and tapping on the counter several times to eliminate air pockets.
- insert a meat thermometer
- put the loaf pan on a baking sheet and place in a preheated 350 degree oven
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the thermometer registers 150 to160 degrees. Do not overcook the meatloaf.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack (do not remove the meat thermometer) for at least 20 minutes
- Remove the meat thermometer, which should show an increase in temperature.
- Unmold onto a warm platter and slice into 10 slices.