- 1 envelope chicken fajita seasoning mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Prepare fajita mix according to package directions; add chicken and marinate as directed. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the tomatoes, process cheese and 1 cup Monterey Jack; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in cream and reserved chicken; heat through (do not boil). Garnish with the guacamole, cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack cheese; add tortilla chips.