Picture Credit - bettycrocker.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 10-inch round baking dish with olive oil; set aside.
- 2 In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add flour; stir to make a roux. Cook roux 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Gradually beat in stock with whisk, followed by milk, and simmer until slightly thickened into a gravy.
- 3 In large bowl, mix chicken, gravy, ham, rice and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- 4 In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter to coat well. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Top casserole with bread crumb mixture; bake about 20 minutes or until top is crisp and golden and casserole is bubbling.