Photo Credit - bettycrocker.com
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, mix bread and milk. Let stand 5 minutes to absorb milk. Add beef, all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon, the shredded cheese, relish, onion, garlic and egg. Mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 8x4-inch loaf. Place in pan.
- 3 In small bowl, stir together Topping ingredients. Spread on top and sides of loaf. Top with reserved 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon.
- 4 Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Cool 10 minutes.
- 5 Cut meatloaf into slices to serve. Top with desired burger toppings, such as pickle relish, ketchup and mustard.